Free “Real Food” Meal Plans
The folks over at 100 Days of Real Food have created 5 free “real food” meal plans to help busy families; making things a little easier for those want to cut out processed food. According to their website, if you follow the instructions below to download the meal plans then this is what you’ll get:
- Five 7-day practical “real food” menu plans designed for busy families
- Complete meals listed each day for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner with leftovers incorporated.
- Food quantities calculated for a family of four.
- Corresponding complete grocery list showing what to buy in order of the store and actual cost for each item (as opposed to the price per serving) with seasonal ingredients highlighted on Meal Plans 3 – 5 so purchases can be made from your local farmers’ market if desired.
- Budget-friendly prices that are close to what a family of four would receive on full food stamp (SNAP) benefits– $167/week – with plenty of additional cost-saving opportunities because:
- Coupons were not used
- Sales prices were not used
- Prices for organic items were used in most cases
- If you follow this plan you will end up with some leftover food (like granola, eggs, flour, butter, marsala wine, and corn meal) that can be incorporated into recipes the following week
- All underlined recipes are available on 100DaysofRealFood.com – check out the Recipe Index for a full list.
- All recipes are working mom/dad-friendly including tips on what to make in advance over the weekend.
- Almost every item listed follows our strict 10-day pledge rules, with just a few minor exceptions to keep the plan realistic for those busy working parents.
Here’s the scoop on how to download Meal Plans 1 – 4:
- Go to the “Meal Plans” link on the 100 Days of Real Food Facebook Page (you must be logged in to your Facebook account or create one).
- Click “like” if you are not already a fan.
- Click on the image of the meal plan you would like to download.
And this is how to get a hold of Meal Plan 5:
- Become an email subscriber by entering your email address on their website and following the instructions.
- You will receive an email that contains both a link to activate your subscription and a link to the 5th meal plan. Be sure to check your spam box if you don’t see it right away.